C.S. and Marion F. McIntyre Foundation
Higher education and the Monroe community were important to the late Charles and Marion McIntyre. To honor their commitment to education, the C.S. and Marion F. McIntyre Foundation established this scholarship in 2000.
Mr. McIntyre was the president and chairman of Monroe Auto Equipment, a family-owned business established in 1917. He retired in 1977 after the company was purchased by Tenneco, Inc. A Monroe High School graduate, Mr. McIntyre was a member and/or officer of many local professional and service organizations. He received honorary degrees from Alma College, where he was a 30-year trustee, as well as Eastern Michigan University. He was also a trustee at Boca Raton (Fla.) Community Hospital.
Mrs. McIntyre also graduated from Monroe High School as well as Cleary College in Ypsilanti. She was a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution and the Monroe Garden Club, and was an active member at the First Presbyterian Church and in the church’s Ruth Circle.